Hi,welcome to KnowledgeSuttra . Google always come up with great ideas that will help in order to reduce user effort, Google recently started its another search engine named as Dataset Search,It is a dedicated search engine for dataset search websites.
As I quoited above its an dedicated search engine just like Google Scholar. Currently Google’s new search Engine in Beta version we can hope it come up with great result in future.
Google said Dataset Search allows user to get information or collect info regarding
“environmental and social sciences, as well as data from other disciplines including government data and data provided by news organizations, such as ProPublica,”
Following things considered as Dataset, according to developers.google.com
- A table or a CSV file with some data
- An organized collection of tables
- A file in a proprietary format that contains data
- A collection of files that together constitute some meaningful dataset
- A structured object with data in some other format that you might want to load into a special tool for processing
- Images capturing data
- Files relating to machine learning, such as trained parameters or neural network structure definitions
As soon as many sites start using new schema markup, The more accurate updated result we can see in future.