Hello everyone welcome to KnowledgeSuttra. In the last blog we saw Introduction to Android Application development. In that blog we just get idea about Android. In today’s blog we see how to install Android studio Step by Step. Friends do you know the most difficult part in Android Development is Installation of Android studio. If the Android studio not install properly it will give you error and you can’t understand why it is happening. For that take your time with this section and make sure you follow each step exactly. After this, you might have some small issues depending on your system configuration.
What we need to setup Android Development environment
- We need JDK 7- Java Development Kit.
- Android SDK Manager (Included in Android studio or you can externally Download).
- Android Studio
Before we start installation of JDK, you need to know your system configuration. Which operating system your system having and whether it is 32 or 64 bit. If you don’t know, then follow the little step to know about your system configuration.
- Right-click on My Computer/ This PC icon, then left-click on the Properties option and you will get the system configuration.
After knowing system configuration we are ready to install the JDK.
- Follow the link to download (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html).
- First of all do web search for Java JDK download. Click on 1st2/3 links which is for JRE instead.
- Then you will see window of Java SE Development kit 7.
- 1stof all you have to click on Accept License Agreement, then find file according to your system configuration and download it.
After Downloading you have to install it.
- If it is zip file then first you have to extract it or open zip file and find .exe file.
- Right-click on that .exe extension file and select Run as administrator.
- Then you will see the Setup window.
- Click on Next.
- Then you will see Custom Setup window.
- No need to do any changes just clicks on Next
- Then you will see Change Folder window.
- If you want to change folder, then select folder there or give path blow and click OK
- Otherwise directly click on ok
- Then you will see Destination Folder window. Click on Next (it is exceptional).
- Then Installation process will be start, it takes few minutes or more.
- After process it shows Successfully Installed, then click on Close.
- Then you see on dialog box just click on ok.
- We install JDK7 successfully.
Installation of Android Studio
After successfully installation of JDK7 we have to install Android studio. For that follow the given steps blow. And make sure you don’t miss any step.
- First of all we have to Download Android studio. For that just follow this link (https://developer.android.com/studio/). If link has changed, Simply Search for Download Android Studio or click here
- After opening download window it show Terms and Conditions page. Click on the checkbox I have read and agree with the above terms and conditions.
- Now click on Download Android Studio for Windows.
After successfully download Android studio follow the step for installation of Android studio.
- Make sure your system is internet connected before starting installation.it may download missing files and folders.
- Open folder where you have downloaded Android studio. Right-click on that android-studio.exe (name will be different) file and select Run as administrator.
- You will see the Welcome window of Android Studio Setup.
- Just click on Next
- After that it asks for Choose components. Make sure all components options have a ticked before click on Next
- If it showing no SDK found click on It will open SDK components Setup windows
- Make sure all checkbox are ticked, and then click on
- Then it show Verify Settings, just click on Next
- It starts downloading components.
- After downloading all components just click on finish
- If you have already SDK file then after clicking on Next, it ask for Configuration Settings.
- From hare you can change Android studio Installation location and Android SDK Installation location. By clicking on Browse button you can select location/change location.
- Then click on Next
- After that it will ask for Emulator setup, fill the configuration which are Recommended there.
- Then click on Next
- Next window showing Completing Android Studio Setup.
- Just click on Next
- Hurray!! we successfully installed Android studio.
Go through all this steps to install Android Studio in your system, if any difficulty comes or for any quarry’s you can comment blow, I will definitely help you out.